April 26, 2012

Thought for a Thursday: Gratitude


joy
Thought for your Thursday: What if we chose to only be ourselves? To run how we run? To finish in the time we are capable of? Sometimes, I get so caught up in the running-blog world, that I forget I’m not those girls. I haven’t been running as long as them. I haven’t run the amount of mileage they have run. I don’t have super long legs that are injury-free like them. And so, because I forget that, I sometimes am disappointed in my finish time, or the fact that I might not be able to push myself to 8 min/miles at the race this weekend.
But if I choose my joy, then I’ll realize that 8:30 min/miles are a MILESTONE for me. Last year, I couldn’t run that fast.
But today, I can.
Be happy in your own milestones. Because as you keep running, you’re pace will get faster, the mileage will add up, and you WILL cross that finish line.
Be you.
Chose your joy.
_____
Choose joy. Find strong.