June 22, 2012

Yesterday I conquered…

my closet.

I know. Not that exciting, but it kind of was for me.
I stopped being lazy and mopey and it worked to my advantage.

This was the before.

And, that’s only one shot but I figured if I took pictures of my entire closet, you would fill my comment section with all sorts of metaphors about how a messy closet says “this and that” about me.

So you only get one messy photo.

Because the after is what’s really impressive

 

I know. It doesn’t even look like the same closet.
And yes, I organize my workout clothes by sport and sometimes by color.
Don’t judge me.
Because see, I also do this

Those are all going away, somewhere.
Need any fashion from oh, about, 5 years ago? If so, I’m your go-to girl.

On the up side, I’m finally documenting my growing scarf and cardigan collection

20 scarfs and counting, and I have 11 cardigans, and 6 tiny sleeve cardigans for spring weather.
Oh… does this mean I’m an old lady or fashion forward?
Or perhaps hipster librarian?
I’m going for that one.

After the hours of hard work though, I thought about rewarding myself with something like this again

But because I didn’t want my colon to revolt, I went for this instead.

And yes, Baker Queen, it has taken me this long to jump on the Downton Train but with school and a husband who isn’t that into period pieces, I have to be sneaky. Though, I think he’d enjoy this, just like he’d totally love Rock of Ages. (Don’t tell him I said that.)

Time for some more house upkeep. Music Man will be home tomorrow. I have to make it look like I did something while he was gone.

Me. Lazy? Never.
Though I have read about 5 books already this week.
And that is definitely NOT lazy.

Passing the Baton: Any good places to find good scarves or cardigans? Input on Downton Abbey. Should I have been on the train before now, or is it a good way to spend my summer? Best period piece ever or not so much?