July 25, 2012

Wimpy Wednesday: Time to suck it up

My 6 miles of hills had a slight interruption this morning, and only resulted in about 1.5 miles.

That was after my alarm went off at 5 am, and I laid around for another 30 minutes.

Needless to say, I’ll be sucking it up this afternoon and hitting the treadmills at the gym so I can finish some hill work.
It’s supposed to be 103 by the time I’m out of class, so inside training it is.

 

This shall be short because I’m momentarily pausing from working on homework and some of my own writing.

I’m not sure what came over me yesterday, but this happened

That is indeed the start of my novel.

I’ve been letting my brain turn over ideas for weeks now, and yesterday, I just sat down and started typing.
Just one more thing I’ve got to suck it up too. I’ve started. Now I’ve got to finish.

 

Other than that, we’ve been doing the normal thing around here this week.
Training.
Drinking lots of coffee (my new favorite concoction: milk, coffee, caramel syrup, cocoa powder

Sleeping (he’s so weird)

Devouring books.
Anticipating the Olympics.
And prepping for Music Man to come home

Those are my famous Snickerdoodles. His other love.

Turns out he’s headed home tonight. His leaders were able to squeeze in his last evaluations this morning, and he’ll be catching a flight out late afternoon.
We’ve got a busy weekend ahead of us full of friends, family, sadness, and joy.
And hopefully some running.

Passing the baton: Anything on your plate this Wednesday? Or are you prepping for a busy weekend like me? Looking forward to the Olympics? Favorite sport/athlete? How’s your training going for whatever it is you’re training for?