February 2, 2011

Enduring disclaimers

So....there's this whole metaphor of endurance sports that tends to splatter over into my real life which caused me to start this blog.
Which you know if you read my first post.

However, I forgot to mention the disclaimers:

Thsi is not a blog about dieting or losing weight.
This is not a blog about getting the "perfect body" or carving amazing glutes.

This is a blog about working out and enjoying it.
About training to build confidence because society throws too many 24-36-24 models in our paths, and that being an average, curvy woman is something to be proud of.

This is a blog about learning to be a grown-up woman, stories as a young wife, and learning to balance time and energy to MAKE time for training.

This is a blog about strength.
This is a blog about enduring.




And just about anything else I feel like throwing in.

Post script: This blog is mainly my thoughts, opinions, snarky-ness, goofy-ness, and weirdness. Though I've read numerous fitness books, trained for and ran several races, and worked in a gym for years, I'm not technically a trained professional. I do not have any certifications (yet) or a sports degree. If there's scientific stuff on here, I'm probably paraphrasing an article/chapter/book I read, and I'll definitely post the source.
If I offend you, I am sorry, but I do tend to speak my mind and I stand firm in my beliefs.
Shoot me an email and tell me how you feel.
We'll start a conversation, and I'll challenge you to a race.