April 26, 2011

One more rainy morning

I woke up at 4:30 this morning...on my own mind you...and went for a run. Just a short one to get my body working, and I got to wake up with the sunrise for the first time in a couple of weeks. I say this in truth because it has literally been raining in the Midwest nonstop for two weeks.
Now as I sit here and drink my coffee, I'm watching the sun slowly sneak through the clouds as the rain fights to fall. It's beautiful. And encouraging. Though the rain fails to let up, the sun never gives up hope.
I'm not really looking forward to my half-marathon on Saturday...my training has been horrible and sporadic as we've moved and started to settle someplace new. And they are calling for thunderstorms on race day.
But today, the sun is shining despite the raindrops. I may be slow, and end up soaked Saturday, but I will run and endure. Music Man has confidence in me and says I just have to run.
So I will run.