July 21, 2011

Resources for Yoga Newbies

I often peruse the Athleta website and drool over their sports clothes.
I also often wish for my own secret Gringotts vault so I can have a shopping spree for aforementioned sports clothes.

Since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I do what I can and spend a lot of time on the Athleta Chi blog reading the helpful articles about sports and encouragement for women athletes.

I found this one for you yoga challengers today: Ask Hannah, Resources for Yoga Newbies

Hannah, Athleta Chi's regular yoga blogger, lists five basic tips for brand new yoginis as well as offering a dvd & audio resource, a list of books, and explanation of basic gear. I will definitely recommend you check out the yoga journal complete beginner's guide dvd as well as the athlete's guide to yoga. Even if you aren't an endurance athlete like me, it is a wonderful resource for more active people. You would be surprised how much a regular gym routine can tighten up your muscles. 

Question of the week: today is day 21, and it only takes 21 days to form a habit. How is your practice going?

I haven't progressed much beyond the ten minutes sequences, however, I do find myself waking up with yoga every morning, and even on most days, settling down with a restful routine before bed.

This is going better than I thought.