April 30, 2012

Motivating Monday: We are enough.

I want to continue on from last Thursday’s gratitude post. But before I do, I have to tell you my results.
Time: 1:56.45  Overall: 1802/6758  FemalePl: 611/3709 Agediv: 104/618
And now, to continue:
motivation 9
Here’s the thing. I set a new PR for my half marathon distance, but I probably ran the worst race mentally that I have ever run. (More on this in my race recap later tonight.)
What got me through the race, once I realized I was off my goal pace and getting passed by gals around my age, was that Saturday’s race was my race. I wasn’t running for my mom who was there cheering me on. I wasn’t running for Music Man. I wasn’t running for any of those around me, and I certainly wasn’t running to be like those around me or those whose running blogs I read.
I had to tell myself over and over that I am me. And I had to run the race that I was meant to run.
Which only happened to be a 2 minute PR race, but it was  personal record nonetheless.
I pushed myself to finish, and I made up my mind that no matter what my time was I was going to be happy with the outcome because I had finished.
Running is about perspective. It’s a mental game. It’s all about how we perceive ourselves to be.
If we think we are not strong enough, then we will start believing it and we’ll give up more easy.
But if we think we are strong, if we know we are strong, then we will accept our finish no matter the time because we pushed through.
And I don’t know about you, but this picture says it all for me:

motivation  12
I would rather be stiff and (good) sore from a tough race/workout where I pushed myself and felt strong than be sorry that I quit or backed off.
And I may have been a little bit slower than I wanted to be on Saturday, but I never backed off.
I was strong.
I was enough.

And it was for His Glory.

Passing the Baton: How did you find your strong this weekend? Any races? Any training runs? 
What did you push yourself in?
________
Find Strong. Live Faith