June 30, 2012

Oh my abs… where are you? 30 days and you’ll appear.

Tomorrow is July 1st

I’m finding it hard to believe that 2012 is half over.

One of my fitness bucket list goals for this year (I’ll post that list sometime. Probably tomorrow.) is to create a strong core. Sure, a 6 pack and flat abs would be nice…  but I want a strong core.
My core is what holds me up when I run.
And since I’ll be running 26.2 in four months, I’m going to need some strength.

Plus, let’s face it. I’ve been telling myself for WEEKS to get going on my core work.
But I slack.
I love working my abs. I hate working my abs.
It’s a bittersweet relationship.

Hate often wins.

So, what better way to start the second half of this year than with another challenge? (Don’t worry… I’m still going strong on my own 25th year challenge.)
One that will definitely do me some good.


For July, Run to the Finish  is hosting a 30 Day Abs Challenge<<

And I signed up for it.

The challenge is based on the Strong Like Susan 30 Day Challenge<< which I had never heard of until I signed up, but now I am extremely excited about it.
Amanda (from Run to the Finish) says that this challenge is super great because you can take it and do it anywhere (just need the internet).
Susan (the coach—meet her here<<) has a YouTube channel<< and all 30 days will be posted there.

Head over to RTTF<< to sign up, follow her Facebook page<< for tips and daily check-ins, and tweet #abchallenge to connect

 

Here’s what I’m working with people, no airbrushed Spartan 6-pack here.

Come July 31st, they’ll be calling me as an ab stand-in.

Passing the Baton: Have you done any challenges this year? Fitness or otherwise? Where do you stand with your core/abs? Always wanted that 6-pack? Love-hate relationship? Want to tackle this with me?

____________