June 26, 2012

Vaca at the beach

Remember that one time I was soliciting  beach vacation ideas.
Well, due to the overwhelming response, I decided to stay close to home instead of venturing out.
The hubs and I (and one of his buddies) headed off to good ole Illinois Beach yesterday.
aka a lake with some sand
I really had no idea if I was going to be able to handle all of the beauty.
But I did. All $1 worth.
The boys did too.
Look at them… sunbathing like a bunch of coeds on the quad
Why yes, I did plan that fancy-frame shutter work.
Not really.
I tried to sneak one of the goofball, but he sleeps with one eye open.
Must be the army training.
However, I’m much stealthier.
And smarter since I figured out how to fix my lens.
It’s all from my Nancy Drew training.
You think I kid?
It may not have been Hawaii, San Diego, or the Carolinas, but it was a nice day in the sun regardless.
And who knows, if we collect enough change, we may be adventurous and have another beach day this summer.
Crazy.
That’s us.
Passing the Baton:  What are some of your most memorable vacations? Trips far away from home? Stay-cations? Are you more of a beach or mountain person?
__________________
Choose Joy