May 2, 2012

Weakness Wednesday

It's day two of the yoga challenge, and so far I am going strong.
I started yesterday with The Athlete's Guide to Yoga by Sage Rountree, and mostly focused on pigeon pose, hamstring series, and restoration poses.

But today's focus is standing forward fold.


I figure since the 'ole hamstring flared during my race Saturday, it would be wise to focus on healing it.
Someday I hope to be able to bend like the gal in the middle, but for now, I pretty much do this:


My hamstrings definitely my weakness areas, as they don’t bend too well.
I'm a runner; therefore, my hamstrings are a work in progress.


I feel very refreshed from my 30 minutes today, and I did throw in a nice Vinyasa flow, but I took some care with my hamstrings this morning.
They just need a little love this week.

 

Passing the Baton: Have you signed up for the challenge? If so, how are you doing? Still strong on day 2? What’s your focus area for the day/week?